The Toddler

If I were to sit with scholars while they discuss knowledge, I would be like a toddler holding a piece of bread learning how to chew, and they would be the adults having the actual meal.

I sometimes would have my episodes and make a scene asking for the delicious looking stuff, and they entertain me from time to time, and when I calm down, they go back to their meal.

Now, someone could see this as humiliating. I won't comment on that; instead, I'll give you this perspective:

The toddler is safe and being prepared for having bigger meals.

In a world where everyone speaks and confusion is abundant, who wouldn't want to be a toddler safe among adults who know what they are doing?

It is quite amazing to have other people take care of the real deal while you enjoy the other stuff in peace and with no responsibility.

That's how we are. Well, at least those of us actually humble enough to see it, and I would advise you to assume you are not, even if you are.

Can you now see (at least a glimpse of) why I hate it when beginners delve into complex issues? Especially if they don't even speak Arabic, which still baffles me. They even defend this behavior.

They can think whatever they want of me, just as a doctor would let a patient hit their head on the wall while screaming because they no longer have the syringe they wanted to use on themselves.

I feel like those toddlers who are quietly playing with their toys while other toddlers are making a scene instead of playing with their toys.