I'm But Human
I'm but a human being, who was exploring this life, feeling lost, enjoying things here and there.
Time was passing, and the more it did the more dread I felt.
Week after week, and I have done nothing meaningful.
I had knowledge built in, but it was sitting idle inside me, finding nothing to summon into execution. I just knew things.
Until I found out about being tied to the early generations: The Salaf (Predecessors).
I didn't learn about it like it gets presented today. The name was not so prominent to me, nor the whole personas and culture I keep seeing today.
It was just that as a Muslim, I need to be in touch with those early generations.
That made perfect sense and it explained a lot of things.
I was already aware of them, but they were mere stories to me. But, stories that were dormant seeds, and when the time came, they revealed themselves, blossoming faintly.
The people I loved, the people I admired and read their stories in different books and different styles were the people I needed to learn from so I could keep exploring this life and come out of it victorious.
I could now fulfill being the best Muslim I could be, but with a vision, with guidance, with clear guardrails.
I could now explore safely and get to reflect upon the creation. I could enjoy interacting with it even more deeply.
I could now see the underlying realities and how everything is connected and interwoven.
I could now realize more strongly how small I am, and how enormous reality is.
I could now see why I have nothing but Allah.
The Truth, The One, The First, The Last, Al-Bāṭin, Aẓ-Ẓāhir.
لا إله إلا الله.
Time was passing, and the more it did the more dread I felt.
Week after week, and I have done nothing meaningful.
I had knowledge built in, but it was sitting idle inside me, finding nothing to summon into execution. I just knew things.
Until I found out about being tied to the early generations: The Salaf (Predecessors).
I didn't learn about it like it gets presented today. The name was not so prominent to me, nor the whole personas and culture I keep seeing today.
It was just that as a Muslim, I need to be in touch with those early generations.
That made perfect sense and it explained a lot of things.
I was already aware of them, but they were mere stories to me. But, stories that were dormant seeds, and when the time came, they revealed themselves, blossoming faintly.
The people I loved, the people I admired and read their stories in different books and different styles were the people I needed to learn from so I could keep exploring this life and come out of it victorious.
I could now fulfill being the best Muslim I could be, but with a vision, with guidance, with clear guardrails.
I could now explore safely and get to reflect upon the creation. I could enjoy interacting with it even more deeply.
I could now see the underlying realities and how everything is connected and interwoven.
I could now realize more strongly how small I am, and how enormous reality is.
I could now see why I have nothing but Allah.
The Truth, The One, The First, The Last, Al-Bāṭin, Aẓ-Ẓāhir.
لا إله إلا الله.