Chronically Ill
And it is from the mercy of Allah that you are ill, chronically ill.
That makes it easier for you to believe and realize that this life is not for bliss, the best it could be is a somewhat burned meal, you could still eat it but the burnt smell and flavor is borderline unbearable.
Sometimes you find a piece having less of that, and you, for a few moments, forget the previous horror and savor those less horrible bites.
They're over, and you're back to the burnt bits.
Why are you still eating?
That's all I have, and I need sustenance.
Why are you still eating?
Idk, I guess I like the slight dopamine and neurons-tickling the flavors give me. I know, pathetic, but I'm quite weak.
Being chronically ill makes it easier for you to eat less burnt food, it forces clarity into you, strips away the fog.
As soon as you get some relief, you forget again.
You then have your episodes back, and you remember yet again.
The loop continues, and the contrast is almost constant, you can see, actually see.
With all that, and knowing your time is limited, how can that not be a blessing?
We really do lack gratitude towards Allāh, don't we.
Blind and observing at the same time.